Welcome to the first part of our new series: Chalet Critique, Vail Edition.
Today we will be critiquing a luxurious 6 bedroom chalet from Evolve Vacation Rentals & let me start by saying it is purely immaculate. If you can swing the hefty price tag that comes with this rental you will not regret this as your choice.
Nestled on a quiet hilltop just outside of Vail (West Vail) this property features incredible views all the way around, best enjoyed from the lovely outdoor hot tub (with adjacent fire pit & water feature).
This house is perfect for large groups as it can comfortably sleep an impressive 13 people with dual master bedrooms (each with a king bed), a third bedroom with king bed, a bedroom with queen bed, a bedroom with a full bed, and to top it off a bunk room featuring 2 twins & 2 queens.
As the saying goes the devil is in the details and the designers of this house pretty much nailed it. You would expect them to considering several of the rooms were designed by a “nationally recognized designer”.
A few of the highlights in our opinion would be:
- Reading room in the tower with windows all the way around letting in plenty of natural light and spectacular mountain views
- Open & spacious great room + kitchen
- Large natural wood dining table with bench style seating against the wall
- Wooden post bed frames featured in several rooms
- Large tub in one of the master baths with large windows adjacent
- Heated patio
- Antler chandelier + other unique chandelier over dining table
While we are huge fans of this chalet that doesn’t mean we think it is 100% perfect, a few of our not so favorite aspects:
- While I generally appreciate minimalism I think some of the walls are a little too bare
- Not a fan of the washer/dryer being in one of the bathrooms
- Not huge on the red/brown couch + love seat
- Contrary to the previous statement I think the rest of the house could use a slight touch of warmth with the addition of red/orange accents
Comment your thoughts on this chalet & my critique below.
If you would like to stay here, check out the listing on AirBnb HERE